Asiart Travels - Kratie is a small town on the banks of the mighty Mekong River featuring some of the best sunsets in Cambodia. The river north up here is home to the unique Irrawaddy Dolphin, a rare creatures that it is possible to be seen throughout the whole year. Opposite Kratie lies Koh Trong, a pretty and peaceful island to be explored by bicycle. Kompong Thom is a busy town located midway between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap and is a popular lunchstop for foreign visitors. About 35km north of Kompong Thom, Sambor Prei Kuk served as the capital of Chenla during the 7th Century reign of Isanavarman. Also known as Isanapura, this was the first significant temple city constructed in Southeast Asia and represents the most impressive group of pre-Angkorian monuments in Cambodia.
Departure & Return Location
- 24/7 Assistance Before, During & After Your Trip
- 2 Nights Hotel Accomodation
- Meals As Mentioned
- English Speaking Tour Guides
- All Guided Sightseeing Fees & Entrance Fees
- All transportation in destination location
- International & Domestic Flights
- Travel Insurance (Highly Recommended)
- Any Private Expenses
- Tips and Gratuities To Guides, Drivers
- Taxes & Fees
Thing To Carry
- Toiletry bag
- Sweater/ Warm jackets for the night
- Track pants and cotton T-shirt
- Extra pair of clothes
- Rain coat/Poncho in monsoons
- Moov spray, dettol solution or salt to avoid leeches
- Camera (optional)
- If you cancel at least 31 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 30 and 15 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 14 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Other special requests may be flexibly proceeded upon request (please contact us for more information)
What to Expect
- Spend an entire day at the Angkor complex and see the breath-taking highlights of the world's largest religious monument
- Asleep Mekong port and gateway to an encounter with the rare freshwater Irrawaddy dolphins that inhabit the upper reaches of the Mekong in Cambodia.
- Travel south to the bustling Kampong Cham city, nestled on the banks for the Mekong
Day 1: PHNOM PENH – KRATIE (N/A)
8:00 AM – Pick up from your hotel in Phnom Penh to leave northeast direction to the bustling provincial city of Kompong Cham. En route, we will have a break in Skuon, where if you fancy, you can taste a local delicacy: deep fried tarantula. We will then continue northeast to Kratie, a sleepy Mekong port and gateway to an encounter with the rare freshwater Irrawaddy dolphins that inhabit the upper reaches of the Mekong in Cambodia. After check-in in our hotel, we will be travelling in the afternoon to Kampi, one of the many deep pools where the rare river dolphins gather. We board a local boat and cruise out into the mighty Mekong for an encounter with these gentle creatures, which can be seen all year round, although it is easier with the shallower waters of the dry season, than in the swollen river of the wet season.
Day 2: KRATIE – KAMPONG THOM (N/A)
Day 3: KAMPONG THOM – SIEM REAP (N/A)