You’re planning your upcoming holiday in Halong Bay Vietnam then look no further than these essential things below to make your trip remarkable!
When one talks about a vacation in Vietnam, it’s deficient if we do not mention Halong Bay - a famous World Natural Heritage. Halong Bay charms any tourist’s heart who has traveled once thanks to its breathtaking landscape, magnificent limestone caves and loads of delightful activities. If you’re looking for a perfect journey in this gorgeous bay, then do not miss out these following necessary things.
Get to know about Halong weather
The very first thing of every trip is to understand the most beautiful time for traveling to get complete experiences.
When it comes to Halong climate, the main feature is the typical humid and tropical monsoon which is quite suitable to visit at any time of the year.
Depending on your schedule and budget, you can choose the reasonable occasion as the guide below:
- March-May: It is the time to enjoy the mystical Halong when the weather is enjoyable with moderate temperature. It’s a great chance to take part in engaging outdoor activities on the gorgeous beaches and islands. Also, a lot of traditional festivals take place at this time.
- June-September: There is no doubt that summertime is always the ideal time for tourists to spend their holiday when you can admire the crystal clear sky and emerald water. But keep in mind that it is the peak season of domestic visitors. As a result, the travel cost is much higher, and the accommodation would be not available if you do not book in advance.
- October - December: If the cold weather doesn’t a matter then head to Halong Bay at this time. The fairytale-like feeling is what you can get while sitting on a floating boat among the foggy sea and immense limestone mountains. It is a bit chilly and cloudy, but you can still enjoy the lovely sunshine.
There are more beyond Halong Bay
Not all people know that the whole area of Halong Bay consists of three bays namely Halong Bay, Lan Ha Bay, and Bai Tu Long Bay.
- Halong Bay: It is the busiest and most crowded region with numerous famous spots, of which the most outstanding ones are Ti Top Island and loads of appealing caves such as Thien Cung Cave, Sung Sot Cave or Trinh Nu Cave.
- Bai Tu Long Bay: Including over 3000 islands and islets, Bai Tu Long Bay is a lesser visited place which is an ideal choice for those who are looking for off-the-beaten-track spots. Ngoc Vung Island, Quan Lan Island, Thien Canh Son Cave or Vung Vieng fishing village are the most popular destinations when heading to Bai Tu Long.
- Lan Ha Bay: Located in the south of Halong Bay, it is a spectacular destination with 400 dense islands in many unusual shapes. Owning the similar scenery to Halong Bay but less touristy, Lan Ha would be a perfect option to avoid peaks and enjoy the tranquility.
Pack everything you will need
Careful preparation always brings us a perfect trip, and a trip to Halong Bay is not an exception. Smartly pack everything you think you will need.
Personal documents like passports and clothes are a must. Wear something you find it comfortable as the Halong weather can be unpredictable, and you may get involved in a lot of activities.
Bring a swimsuit and a towel for swimming, and an extra pair of shoes when kayaking since you can get wet. Sports shoes are the best choice for cave exploration (avoid high-heels or expensive shoes).
If you do not want your skin damaged, pack sunglasses, sunhat, and sunscreen.
Prepare medical supplies in case you have respiratory diseases or allergies because it's hard to go to a hospital while you are cruising in the middle of the sea.
It will be a big omission if you do not capture stunning pictures of Halong Bay to save unforgettable moments. Bring your camera along and make sure its battery is fully charged.
Taking a cruise trip is a must
It is undeniable that taking a cruise is the best and most exciting way to explore the splendid beauty of Halong Bay.
The cabin of Luxury Halong Cruise
There is a wide range of cruise ships for you to choose from the Halong luxury cruises to the low-budget ones, depending on your duration and money.
If your time is limited, go for a day cruise. The most recommended tour is 3-day/2-night or 2-day/1-night when you spend at least one night here to admire how amazing Halong is. The longer you stay, the more delightful experiences you can get.
Kayaking is a must-try experience whenever coming to Halong, in which you can creep through astonishing caves while floating on the clear emerald water and immersing in the cool breezes.
Swimming, exploring caves, visiting floating villages are other activities that are included in the itineraries of most of Halong Bay cruises.
Back to your boat after a day of exploration, join in a cooking class to learn how to make traditional Vietnamese dishes. You then head to the sundeck with a glass of drink to laze yourself and wait for the sparkling sunset.
When the night falls, try your luck with squid fishing and enjoy the peaceful space of the bay.
Other exciting places around Halong
Apart from gorgeous beaches and impressive caves, the surrounding Halong area also offers a lot of fantastic things for you to explore.
Sun World Halong Park - the most extensive entertainment complex is recently an emerging spot for tourists with loads of adventure games for challenging enthusiasts.
If you looking for somewhere to relax at night, head to some Halong bars on Bai Chay Street.
Halong Night Market is also an attractive destination where you can find sophisticated handicrafts and souvenirs for your family.
No matter when you travel to Halong, this beautiful bay ensures to treat you well. We hope that our information above will help you plan a perfect trip and save a memorable time with your beloved. Tell us if you have any questions. Happy journey!